Personally, visiting Kenya never feels like a complete vacation without visiting Mombasa.
Mombasa is a city on the coast of Kenya. It’s the country’s second largest city, after Nairobi.
Mombasa or coast as it’s called by the locals, feels like a different world from savannahs of safari country.
Low laying and sandy, shaded by coconut palms, the coast blends the bright light and colours of the tropics with the sparkling blue of the Indian ocean.
The first hotel that came up on booking.com was Plaza Beach Hotel. They had amazing pictures on the website that made an impression on my heart and tugged at me.
“Stay here, stay here,” they seemed to say.
The hotel looked calm, relaxing, and beautiful. It had a sea view. That is all I needed after enduring several months of the harsh months of winter in Sweden, my body was craving the sun. A rare commodity in Sweden.
It is normally over crowded in December with tourists from Nairobi and other parts of Kenya, so we booked the room for January.
We had a very good experience in Plaza Beach I thought I would list down what we really liked and what we didn’t like…
- The breakfast buffet was well stocked with yummy and sumptuous food. We only ate dinner there once, however, and that was a good experience as well.
- After breakfast they had very agile acrobats who had heart stopping moves! The leading acrobats Steve and Frank were lively, enthusiastic and they made everyone feel at home.
- This was also an opportunity to interact with other guests.
- The workers were very friendly and always at our service.
- The receptionist (Asmar Salim) was very accommodating, honest, helpful and convincing.
- Her attitude convinced us we had made the best decision in choosing the Plaza Beach Hotel. She ensured our room had a sea view.
- The beach view was so amazing and we spent most our time in the beach.
- The hotel was clean with their rooms being cleaned daily.
- I do however wish the corridors outside the rooms, were cleaned more often.
- We also wished the manager could have interacted more with the guests. That would have been a nice way for him to know how the guests are doing and what feedback they had.
I would recommend anyone to plaza beach its suits all ages groups and if you want a calm place to relax with your friends, family and loved ones then that’s the place.
Edited by nyakarimaking : http://nyakarimaking.com/
Thank you for stopping by 🙂
Jumpsuit – Primark london
Sandals – Some shop in Dubai mall
shorts – JC
Red bag – Accent
Dress – H&M
Short – H&M
Sandals – Some shop in CBD
Hat – Oasis
Sun glasses – Aliexpress